Jefferies Remains Sidelined on EarthLink Holdings (ELNK) Ahead of WIN Merger
- World stocks hold near 16-month highs after strong week
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Oil edges higher on optimism over non-OPEC output cuts
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Sibanye Gold (SBGL) to Acquire Stillwater Mining Company (SWC) in $2.2B Deal
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Jefferies maintained a Hold rating on EarthLink Holdings (NASDAQ: ELNK), and cut the price target to $4.90 (from $6.50), ahead of WIN merger. In conjunction with earnings, Earthlink announced a definitive merger agreement to be acquired for $1.1bn by Windstream in an all-stock deal.
Analyst Scott Goldman commented, "Continuing on the wave of telco M&A, the acquisition of Earthlink appears to be another deal for scale and synergies. While the company has proven adept at cost cutting in efforts to turn around the business, organic revenue declines continue at a high single digit pace. Accordingly, the merger makes strategic sense as any organic turnaround faces steep challenges. We lower our price target to $4.90 based on our $6 WIN target and maintain a Hold rating."
Shares of Earthlink closed at $5.60 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Ollie's Bargain Outlet (OLLI) Following 3Q
- Stifel Reiterates Buy on Casella Waste Systems (CWST) - PT to $16
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!