Jefferies Remains Sidelined on EarthLink Holdings (ELNK) Ahead of WIN Merger
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Jefferies maintained a Hold rating on EarthLink Holdings (NASDAQ: ELNK), and cut the price target to $4.90 (from $6.50), ahead of WIN merger. In conjunction with earnings, Earthlink announced a definitive merger agreement to be acquired for $1.1bn by Windstream in an all-stock deal.
Analyst Scott Goldman commented, "Continuing on the wave of telco M&A, the acquisition of Earthlink appears to be another deal for scale and synergies. While the company has proven adept at cost cutting in efforts to turn around the business, organic revenue declines continue at a high single digit pace. Accordingly, the merger makes strategic sense as any organic turnaround faces steep challenges. We lower our price target to $4.90 based on our $6 WIN target and maintain a Hold rating."
Shares of Earthlink closed at $5.60 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on US Physical Therapy (USPH) to $63 Following 12-Clinic Acquisition
- Shopify (SHOP): CFO Meetings Indicate Strong Growth Ahead - Wedbush
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Ulta Salon (ULTA) to $270; Reiterates Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!