Jefferies Remains Sidelined on Casey's General Stores (CASY) Following 1Q Report
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Jefferies reiterated a Hold rating and $137.00 price target on Casey's General Stores (NASDAQ: CASY) following the company's 1Q earnings report. EBITDA came in soft at $157M compared to the consensus of $167M. EPS also missed estimates due to a weak top line and gross margins. In grocery, comps were soft as well with management calling out a deceleration in cigarette sales.
Analyst Christopher Mandeville commented, "CASY reported a 1Q17 EBITDA/EPS miss due to a weak top line and disappointing gross margins. Notably and as we had expected, prep foods comps missed the Street; however, the size of the shortfall even surprised us. Since we view prep food comps as the key sentiment driver to the name, we anticipate shares will be down sizably tomorrow until mgmt. has a chance to respond to the weakness on its earnings call. Shares are already down ~7% in after hours."
Shares of Casey's General Stores closed at $133.31 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Coca Cola (KO) to $46 Following 3Q; Reaffirmed Guidance
- PAREXEL (PRXL) PT, Estimates Lowered at Evercore ISI
- F5 Networks (FFIV) PT Raised to $120 at Jefferies
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!