Jefferies Remains Sidelined on Casey's General Stores (CASY) Following 1Q Report
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Jefferies reiterated a Hold rating and $137.00 price target on Casey's General Stores (NASDAQ: CASY) following the company's 1Q earnings report. EBITDA came in soft at $157M compared to the consensus of $167M. EPS also missed estimates due to a weak top line and gross margins. In grocery, comps were soft as well with management calling out a deceleration in cigarette sales.
Analyst Christopher Mandeville commented, "CASY reported a 1Q17 EBITDA/EPS miss due to a weak top line and disappointing gross margins. Notably and as we had expected, prep foods comps missed the Street; however, the size of the shortfall even surprised us. Since we view prep food comps as the key sentiment driver to the name, we anticipate shares will be down sizably tomorrow until mgmt. has a chance to respond to the weakness on its earnings call. Shares are already down ~7% in after hours."
Shares of Casey's General Stores closed at $133.31 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BMO Capital Reiterates Market Perform on Casey's General Stores (CASY) Following 2Q Report
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades AZZ Inc. (AZZ) to Sell
- UBS Remains Bullish on Costco Wholesale (COST) Following 1Q EPS Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!