Jefferies Remains Sidelined on Capital One Financial (COF) Following EPS Beat
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Jefferies reiterated a Hold rating and $69.00 price target on Capital One Financial (NYSE: COF) following the company's 3Q earnings report. COF reported EPS of $2.03, ahead of the consensus estimate of $1.94.
Analyst John Hecht commented, "COF reported adjusted 3Q16 EPS of $2.03 versus our estimate of $1.95 and consensus $1.94. The upside was due to a combination of higher net interest income and fee income which more than offset a higher provision. The higher revenues and provisions, can both be attributed to strong loan growth (up 12% YoY). Rising NCOs, due to mix shift and loan growth, continue to be in focus, however this may benefit EPS in 2H17 as ALLL builds moderate."
Shares of Capital One Financial closed at $75.39 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $71 Following 3Q
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Kroger (KR) to $30 Following 3Q and Guidance
- JPMorgan Raises Rating on CBOE Holdings (CBOE) to 'Overweight'; Analyst Thinks Bats Technology Will Drive Greater Trading Activity
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!