Jefferies Remains Sidelined on Capital One Financial (COF) Following EPS Beat
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Jefferies reiterated a Hold rating and $69.00 price target on Capital One Financial (NYSE: COF) following the company's 3Q earnings report. COF reported EPS of $2.03, ahead of the consensus estimate of $1.94.
Analyst John Hecht commented, "COF reported adjusted 3Q16 EPS of $2.03 versus our estimate of $1.95 and consensus $1.94. The upside was due to a combination of higher net interest income and fee income which more than offset a higher provision. The higher revenues and provisions, can both be attributed to strong loan growth (up 12% YoY). Rising NCOs, due to mix shift and loan growth, continue to be in focus, however this may benefit EPS in 2H17 as ALLL builds moderate."
Shares of Capital One Financial closed at $75.39 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wedbush Raises Price Target on Capital One Financial (COF) to $90
- Sigma Designs (SIGM): Revenue Headwinds Drive PT Cut - Baird
- Deutsche Bank Downgrades MGM Growth Properties (MGP) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!