Jefferies Remains Sidelined on Capital One Financial (COF) Following EPS Beat
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Jefferies reiterated a Hold rating and $69.00 price target on Capital One Financial (NYSE: COF) following the company's 3Q earnings report. COF reported EPS of $2.03, ahead of the consensus estimate of $1.94.
Analyst John Hecht commented, "COF reported adjusted 3Q16 EPS of $2.03 versus our estimate of $1.95 and consensus $1.94. The upside was due to a combination of higher net interest income and fee income which more than offset a higher provision. The higher revenues and provisions, can both be attributed to strong loan growth (up 12% YoY). Rising NCOs, due to mix shift and loan growth, continue to be in focus, however this may benefit EPS in 2H17 as ALLL builds moderate."
Shares of Capital One Financial closed at $75.39 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bassett Furniture (BSET) PT Raised to $28 at Stifel Following 4Q EPS Beat
- J.B. Hunt Transport Services (JBHT) PT Lowered to $99 at UBS Following 4Q EPS Miss
- Signet Jewelers (SIG) May Be Close To Selling Credit Business, Likely Positive For Stock - Northcoast Research
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!