Jefferies Remains Sidelined on American Express (AXP) Following 3Q
- Major stock indexes rise again to new records
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
- Insys Therapeutics (INSY) Sinks as Former Employees Arrested in Racketeering Scheme
- Lower for longer, ECB scales back asset buys
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Jefferies maintained a Hold rating and $60.00 price target on American Express (NYSE: AXP) following the company's 3Q earnings report. Fee revenue helped to push EPS to $1.20, ahead of $0.96 estimates. Total non-interest revenues of $6.4B beat our $6.2B estimate primarily driven by better than forecast discount fee revenue and card fees.
Analyst John Hecht commented, "AXP reported 3Q16 EPS of $1.20, vs. our $0.96 estimate.The upside came from higher fee revenue - as the reported discount rate benefited from the Costco separation - and controlled opex, and the company has increased its focus on expense controls. Guidance was largely maintained. We maintain our Hold rating despite the positive 3Q given incremental risks associated with the transitioning elements in the business and the overall intense competitive environment."
Shares of American Express closed at $61.25 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UBS Cuts Price Target on SecureWorks Corp. (SCWX) to $13
- lululemon athletica (LULU): Skeptics Are Quieter - Wedbush
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades AZZ Inc. (AZZ) to Sell
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!