Jefferies Remains Bullish on Superior Energy Services (SPN) - PT to $20
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Jefferies maintained a Buy rating on Superior Energy Services (NYSE: SPN), and cut the price target to $20.00 (from $22.00). SPN investment thesis leading into 3Q16 earnings was heavily built on US Land recovery potential. Half of SPN's current revenues come from U.S. Land, which together with growth in International land market affords good leverage to cyclical recovery in 2017+.
Analyst Brad Handler commented, "SPN's 3Q16 reminded investors about it's significant offshore/GOM exposure with high decremental margins, but with the stock down 16% from its pre-3Q16 value, we think it creates a good entry point as investor expectations reset. SPN can benefit in 2017 as it lowers costs in Completion Tools, resumes high-margin subsea P&A work and ramps up frac utilization. Lower PT to $20, maintain BUY."
Shares of Superior Energy Services closed at $15.57 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $71 Following 3Q
- ULTA Salon (ULTA) PT Raised to $290 at Stifel But Remains Sidelined
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Ulta Salon (ULTA) to $270; Reiterates Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!