Jefferies Remains Bullish as Visa (V) Announces CEO Resignation
- Banks, telecoms lead Wall Street up; another Dow record
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- bluebird bio (BLUE) to Offer $200M of Common Stock
- Dave & Buster's Entertainment (PLAY) Tops Q3 EPS by 11c, Raises FY Revenue Guidance
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/06: (PLAY) (ANTH) (WDC) Higher; (AVAV) (ESV) (BLUE) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Jefferies reiterated a Buy rating and $93.00 price target on Visa (NYSE: V) following the company's announcement that CEO Charlie Scharf is resigning. Mr. Scharf is being replaced by Board member Alfred Kelly, a former AXP executive. Mr. Scharf has decided to resign as CEO because he can longer spend enough time in San Francisco to sufficiently perform the CEO duties, and needs to spend more time with his family on the East Coast.
Analyst Jason Kupferberg commented, "Earlier, V announced that CEO Charlie Scharf is resigning as of Dec. 1, due to personal reasons which no longer enable him to spend sufficient time at V's headquarters in San Francisco. Mr. Scharf is being replaced by Board member Alfred Kelly, a former AXP executive. This announcement is surprising, but V's rock-solid business model and deep management bench should be mitigating factors."
Shares of Visa closed at $82.15 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Guggenheim Upgrades Visa (V) to Buy
- Mizuho Securities Raises Price Target on Francesca's (FRAN) Following 3Q Beat
- Jefferies Reinstates Zynerba Pharmaceuticals (ZYNE) at Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Management Changes
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!