Jefferies Reiterates Hold on Staples (SPLS) Following 2Q Report
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Jefferies reiterated a Hold rating and $9.00 price target on Staples, Inc. (NASDAQ: SPLS) following the company's 2Q earnings report. EPS of $0.12 came in-line with the Street as strong contract division profitability offset weakness in retail.
Analyst Daniel Binder commented, "Q2 EPS was in line, though Street estimates were at the high end of new Q3 guidance range. Shares were weaker than we expected, but may have reflected concerns about M&A plans. Given lacklustre results, investors may not like the idea of acquisitions, but our sense is this mgmt. will only do highly accretive tuck-ins or deals focused on diversifying away from core office, which is in decline."
Shares of Staples, Inc. closed at $8.67 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stifel Upgrades PayPal (PYPL) to Buy Following 'Solid' Q3 Results
- Maxim Integrated (MXIM) PT Bumped to $45 at Jefferies Following In-Line Results on Note 7 Impact
- Philip Morris Intl (PM) PT Raised to $101 at Jefferies
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!