Jefferies Reiterates Hold on Costco Wholesale (COST) Following 4Q Report
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
- JPMorgan (JPM) Reports Q4 EPS of $1.71
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Jefferies reiterated a Hold rating and $135.00 price target on Costco Wholesale (NASDAQ: COST) following the company's 4Q earnings report. Total sales came in at $35.7bn as preannounced, but was softer than Q3, reflecting somewhat softer traffic. Shares have held up well the last 9 months despite the softer sales. EPS came in $0.04 ahead of estimates.
Analyst Daniel Binder commented, "Following a $0.05 downward EPS revision by the Street in Q3, EPS came in $0.04 better, mainly on a better than expected tax rate. Member fees were in line, so investor focus will shift to the pace of comp sales in Sept. to be released next week – we expect 2-3% core US comps. Member renewal rates slipped slightly due to the credit card transition away from Amex, but this could reverse as we move further past the new credit card launch."
Shares of Costco Wholesale closed at $147.49 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: RBC Capital Upgrades Colfax Corporation (CFX) to Outperform
- Wells Fargo (WFC) Posts Q4 EPS of $0.96, Sales Miss
- Goldman Sachs Comments On Bank Of America (BAC) Q4 Report, Keeps On Conviction Buy List
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!