Jefferies Reiterates Hold on Costco Wholesale (COST) Following 4Q Report
- Wall St. opens higher as M&A activity boosts confidence
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/24: (BEAV) (JPEP) (HLT) Higher; (BAS) (INO) (ADRO) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Jefferies reiterated a Hold rating and $135.00 price target on Costco Wholesale (NASDAQ: COST) following the company's 4Q earnings report. Total sales came in at $35.7bn as preannounced, but was softer than Q3, reflecting somewhat softer traffic. Shares have held up well the last 9 months despite the softer sales. EPS came in $0.04 ahead of estimates.
Analyst Daniel Binder commented, "Following a $0.05 downward EPS revision by the Street in Q3, EPS came in $0.04 better, mainly on a better than expected tax rate. Member fees were in line, so investor focus will shift to the pace of comp sales in Sept. to be released next week – we expect 2-3% core US comps. Member renewal rates slipped slightly due to the credit card transition away from Amex, but this could reverse as we move further past the new credit card launch."
Shares of Costco Wholesale closed at $147.49 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Reiterates Buy on PPG Industries (PPG) - PT to $113
- Goldman Sachs Starts Hertz Global (HTZ) at 'Sell' and Avis Budget (CAR) at 'Neutral'
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades SL Green Realty (SLG) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!