Jefferies Reiterates Buy on Varian Medical Systems (VAR) Following Analyst Day
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Jefferies reiterated a Buy rating and $102.00 price target on Varian Medical Systems (NYSE: VAR) following the company's analyst day. Varian CEO Dow Wilson provided an update on the timing of the spin which suggested the potential for a delay into early '17 from the original target of a 12/31 separation. Management reiterated its goal of achieving 5% org. growth vs. a blended 4% for its end markets.
Analyst Anthony Petrone commented, "Key takeaways were: 1) spin date could get pushed back by a month due to regulatory timing; 2) plenty of room to grow within $4bn current TAM on OEM wallet share gain alone; 3) CMS reimbursement cut to film imaging in 2018 a catalyst to accelerate analog-to-digital conversion; 4) strategy still calls for M&A with a variety of options being explored; 5) outlook for 300bps+ of margin expansion and FCF profile improvement reiterated."
Shares of Varian Medical closed at $91.36 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) to $23 Following 3Q
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q; Reiterates Outperform
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Ulta Salon (ULTA) to $270; Reiterates Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!