Jefferies Reiterates Buy on The Priceline Group (PCLN) Ahead of 3Q Report
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Jefferies reiterated a Buy rating and $1,700.00 price target on The Priceline Group (NASDAQ: PCLN) ahead of the company's 3Q earnings report. Jefferies believes that the momentum from Q2 continued into Q3 and expects another solid quarter from PCLN. Revenue estimates are in line with consensus of $3.62B, but slightly better margins are expected. Non-GAAP EPS of $31.29 compares to the Street's estimate of $29.75.
Analyst Brian Fitzgerald commented, "We updated our model to include PCLN's new non-GAAP measures and looked into Q3 traffic, hotel count, and user review trends for indications of how good or bad the qtr was. Our analysis shows that PCLN keeps gaining mkt share and is well positioned to deliver strong bookings and rev growth despite soft global travel trends. Growing scale and leverage in the model help offset margin pressure from soft variable marketing ROI. We reiterate our Buy and $1,700 PT."
Shares of The Priceline Group closed at $1471.80 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $71 Following 3Q
- Drexel Hamilton Raises Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q Beat
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Eros Int'l (EROS) to $18 Following Multi-Year Deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!