Jefferies Reiterates Buy on Santander Consumer USA (SC) Following Portfolio Analysis
- Banks, telecoms lead Wall Street up; another Dow record
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- bluebird bio (BLUE) to Offer $200M of Common Stock
- Dave & Buster's Entertainment (PLAY) Tops Q3 EPS by 11c, Raises FY Revenue Guidance
- Deal Progress Said to Slow as Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Puts Actelion (ALIOY) Under Microscope - Source
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Jefferies reiterated a Buy rating and $15.00 price target on Santander Consumer USA Holdings Inc. (NYSE: SC) following an analysis of the company's loan portfolio. Through the study, Jefferies believes that it is possible NCO rates may stabilize or ease into CY17. A 10bps reduction in NCOs results in a 10% increase in EPS due to lower NCOs and lower ALLL requirements.
Analyst John Hecht commented, "In this note, we pose that credit headwinds in CY15 have begun to abate. In our analysis, we point out that even stabilizing credit may benefit SC earnings and the stock valuation, given improved earnings visibility and the lack of further ALLL building. Given the stock appears to be pricing in distressed results, the combination of an attractive valuation along with emerging (potential) credit improvements leave us constructive on the name."
Shares of Santander Consumer USA Holdings Inc. closed at $12.14 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- AutoZone (AZO) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Light of Views
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Arc Logistics Partners (ARCX) to Hold
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on Bob Evans Farms (BOBE) Following 2Q EPS Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!