Jefferies Reiterates Buy on Kohl's Corp. (KSS) Following 2Q and Macy's Announced Closures
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Jefferies reiterated a Buy rating on Kohl's (NYSE: KSS), and raised the price target to $51.00 (from $47.00), following the company's 2Q earnings report and Macy's closure announcements. Macy's announced plans to close about 100 stores. This could have a positive effect on KSS comp store sales. In the last round of closures, KSS picked up about $500K in annual sales per closed Macy’s store. Kohl’s updated FY17 guidance to a new range of $3.80-$4.00 down from $4.05-$4.25 (Street was already at the low end of the new range).
Analyst Daniel Binder commented, "Q2 saw a nice acceleration in units per transaction, suggesting newer product is resonating with customers. Now we need to see the traffic improvements, which could follow. New guidance for FY17 rebases to recent sales trends with reasonable GM% and SG&A assumptions. Macy’s announced 100 store closures for early 2017 which could benefit neighboring KSS stores. It may even open up vendor opportunities for those seeking more doors."
Shares of Kohl's closed at $44.19 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Ciena (CIEN) to $30 Following 4Q
- lululemon athletica (LULU): Skeptics Are Quieter - Wedbush
- lululemon athletica (LULU): Raising Estimates, Cutting Valuation Range - Wells Fargo
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!