Jefferies Reiterates Buy on Encana (ECA) Following Announced Equity Offering
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Jefferies reiterated a Buy rating and $13.00 price target on EnCana Corp. (NYSE: ECA) following the company's announced equity offering. The deal was a surprise, despite the recent finalization of the company's ‘Shelf Prospectus’ in late-August. The offering should raise ~$1.0 B and add 12.5% to its share count, which is designed to retire bank borrowings and to preserve re-investment in ECA’s truly core Midland acreage.
Analyst Jonathan Wolff commented, "We expect share price weakness on the surprise equity offering announcement. The very large financing is designed to protect re-investment amid low crude/ AECO curves. We see a funded, multi-year growth outlook as a likely outcome at ECA’s coming analyst day (Oct.5). But investors are now likely to push ECA to further monetize its (Canadian) Montney land holdings or consider a strategic re-alignment."
Shares of EnCana Corp. closed at $9.86 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Casey's General Stores (CASY) Following 2Q Earnings Report
- Finisar (FNSR) PT Raised to $44 at Needham & Company, Estimates Raised Sharply
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on NeuroDerm (NDRM) to $42
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Crude Oil, Equity Offerings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!