Jefferies Reiterates Buy on Eastman Chemical (EMN)
- Wall St. reverses course as discretionary, industrials weigh
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Qualcomm (QCOM) to Acquire NXP Semi (NXPI) in $47B Deal
- Tesla (TSLA) Posts Q3 adj.-EPS of 71c
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/27: (PRQR) (OCN) (TWTR) Higher; (CYH) (GNC) (RNWK) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Jefferies reiterated a Buy rating and $88.00 price target on Eastman Chemical (NYSE: EMN). The concerns for an auto end market cooldown remain, but market share gains should help Advanced Materials add $0.02 to EPS in Q3. Also, with the assumption that oil prices do not retreat below $40/barrel and end-market trends remain tepid, Jefferies expects a 7% EPS rebound in 2017.
Analyst Laurence Alexander commented, "Acetate tow pricing will likely hinder fiber segment EBIT through 2018E, and while methanol prices have improved, Chemical Intermediates weakness should persist into next year. Offsetting these headwinds are share repurchases, cost cuts, propane hedge rolloffs, and market share gains in Advanced Materials. We project an 11% EPS CAGR from 2016E-2018E, and $1.8bn ($12.45/share, or a ~10% yield) in FCF before dividends in 2017E-2018E."
Shares of Eastman Chemical closed at $66.38 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Northrop Grumman (NOC) Following 3Q Beat
- Jefferies Remains Sidelined on Shutterfly (SFLY) - PT to $52
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Parexel (PRXL) to $67 Following Weak 1Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!