Jefferies Reiterates Buy on Discover Financial Services (DFS) Following 3Q Report
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Jefferies reiterated a Buy rating and $70.00 price target on Discover Financial Services (NYSE: DFS) following the company's 3Q earnings report. DFS reported EPS of $1.56, coming in ahead of the consensus estimate of $1.48. Jefferies classifies the quarter as a modest positive, but doesn't anticipate a meaningful impact on the stock.
Analyst John Hecht commented, "DFS reported 2Q16 EPS of $1.56 versus our and the consensus estimate of $1.48, with much of the EPS upside related to a tax benefit. That said, credit remains consistent, while loan growth accelerated and NIM widened. Offsetting this, it appears that competition remains intense as rewards guidance creeps higher. We believe this quarter marked another consistent quarter from DFS and we look to the call for incremental color on growth initiatives and competition."
Shares of Discover Financial closed at $56.14 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BofA/Merrill Lynch Upgrades CF Industries (CF) to Buy, Says "Consensus Estimates Now Beatable"
- M&T Bank (MTB) PT Raised to $165 at FBR Capital Following 4Q Beat
- Barclays Downgrades Camden Property Trust (CPT) to Equalweight
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!