Jefferies Reiterates Buy on Discover Financial Services (DFS) Following 3Q Report
- Dow, S&P 500 surge to highs; transports set record
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/7: (ANTH) (EMKR) (PLAY) Higher; (SIGM) (OHAI) (FTK) Lower
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- Biotech, Pharma Stocks Weaker Amid Trump Comments on Lower Drug Prices
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Jefferies reiterated a Buy rating and $70.00 price target on Discover Financial Services (NYSE: DFS) following the company's 3Q earnings report. DFS reported EPS of $1.56, coming in ahead of the consensus estimate of $1.48. Jefferies classifies the quarter as a modest positive, but doesn't anticipate a meaningful impact on the stock.
Analyst John Hecht commented, "DFS reported 2Q16 EPS of $1.56 versus our and the consensus estimate of $1.48, with much of the EPS upside related to a tax benefit. That said, credit remains consistent, while loan growth accelerated and NIM widened. Offsetting this, it appears that competition remains intense as rewards guidance creeps higher. We believe this quarter marked another consistent quarter from DFS and we look to the call for incremental color on growth initiatives and competition."
Shares of Discover Financial closed at $56.14 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wedbush Raises Price Target on Francesca's (FRAN) Following 3Q Report
- Wedbush Upgrades Discover Financial (DFS) to Outperform
- Credit Suisse Downgrades NetApp (NTAP) to Underperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!