Jefferies Reiterates Buy on Blackhawk Network (HAWK); Sees Upside to 2017 Estimates
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Jefferies reiterated a Buy rating and $43.00 price target on Blackhawk Network (NASDAQ: HAWK). Following the EMV fraud liability shift last year, HAWK's grocery distribution partners started seeing elevated levels of counterfeit card fraud. However, management has sounded very confident that sales lost to EMV will rebound to prior levels over time. an analysis shows that, if 50% of card sales lost to EMV return, this would translate to $0.17 (6%) of upside to 2017 Street estimates, while if 100% were to come back this would mean $0.37 (13%) of upside.
Analyst Ramsey El-Assal commented, "We see upside to HAWK's 2017 estimates as some portion of revenue and profit lost to EMV in '16 should flow back in next year (see proprietary scenario analysis on page 10). While the timing of EMV compliance in HAWK’s retailer base, and the rate at which revenue returns is difficult to pin down, we believe the longer-term opportunity remains intact, and reiterate our Buy rating."
Shares of Blackhawk Network closed at $31.83 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Boston Beer Co. (SAM) to $140 Following Weak 3Q
- Maxim Integrated (MXIM) PT Bumped to $45 at Jefferies Following In-Line Results on Note 7 Impact
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!