Jefferies Reiterates Buy on Amazon.com (AMZN) Following Mixed Quarter
- Goldman sends Dow to record high, techs lift S&P, Nasdaq
- Oil hits 16-month high in buying rush after OPEC agreement
- Consolidated Communications (CNSL) to Acquire FairPoint Communications (FRP) in $1.5B Deal
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/05: (FRP) (GMED) (CHK) Higher; (CERC) (HDSN) (MRVL) Lower (more...)
- Burberry rejects multiple takeover offers from Coach: Financial Times
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Jefferies reiterated a Buy rating and $950.00 price target on Amazon.com (NASDAQ: AMZN) following the company's 3Q earnings report. Net sales were up 29% Y/Y to $32.71B vs the Street's $32.69B. EPS of $0.52 came in below consensus at $0.77. 4Q guidance was below expectations and reflects the step up in investment. Management expects net sales of $42.0-45.5B (midpoint of $43.8B), below cons at $44.6B.
Analyst Brian Fitzgerald commented, "AMZN reported a mixed qtr with in-line rev and a bit soft margins. Guidance came in below expectations as AMZN keeps investing in India, fulfillment, digital content, and AWS. We continue to believe that AMZN should be a core eCommerce holding as it still has plenty of growth opportunities ahead. The company remains one of the best large-cap ideas in our coverage universe, with one of the most significant moats. We reiterate our Buy and $950 PT."
Shares of Amazon.com closed at $818.36 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Upgrades TripAdvisor (TRIP) to Hold
- Benchmark Remains Bullish as Marcus Corporation (MCS) Announces Wehrenberg Theaters Acquisition
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) to $23 Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!