Jefferies Reiterates Buy on Ally Financial (ALLY) Following Company Presentation
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Jefferies reiterated a Buy rating and $28.00 price target on Ally Financial (NYSE: ALLY) following the company's presentation at a competitor's conference. ALLY's management discussed recent origination trends and highlighted that the second half of 2016 has been consistently strong with 1H16 levels. The company also noted that it anticipates its 3Q16 provision to be up both YoY and sequentially, consistent with our forecast.
Analyst John Hecht commented, "We observed ALLY's presentation at a competitor's conference which focused on credit trends, NIM dynamics/asset sensitivity, competition in the auto finance space, diversification efforts/new products, liability management/ deposit growth and excess capital allocation. We view ALLY as well positioned for ~15% EPS growth over time given ongoing deposit growth and highlight that the company is not reliant on rate increases for EPS to grow in the midteens."
Shares of Ally Financial closed at $19.73 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Boston Beer Co. (SAM) to $140 Following Weak 3Q
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Crown Holdings (CCK) Following 3Q
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!