Jefferies Reiterates Buy on AbbVie (ABBV) After Meeting with Management
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields fall on U.S. jobs data, euro flat before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
- Mnuchin Wants Fannie (FNMA)/Freddie (FMCC) Out of Government Hands, But Stocks Grossly Overvalued - Keefe, Bruyette & Woods
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Jefferies reiterated a Buy rating and $90.00 price target on Abbvie (NYSE: ABBV) after meeting with management. Management expects that the court date for litigation with Amgen should be announced before year end and to expect this to run for at least 3 to 3.5 years before any initial rulings are made. The company is also confident that the business can drive revenue and EPS growth above its peers going forward, driven by strong volume growth for Humira, new product launches and margin expansion.
Analyst Jeffrey Holford commented, "We met with the CEO, CFO and CSO of AbbVie yesterday. Our take is that the next 12 months should see significant visibility emerge on the timeline for Humira biosimilars with the earliest potential US launches being post-2020. Meanwhile the largely de-risked late-stage pipeline continues to gather momentum, giving us increasing confidence that the business can grow through and beyond the eventual introduction of Humira biosimilars."
Shares of Abbvie closed at $63.00 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $71 Following 3Q
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on US Physical Therapy (USPH) to $63 Following 12-Clinic Acquisition
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on PG&E Corp. (PCG) to $65 Following Rate Case Decision
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!