Jefferies Reiterates Buy as Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) Announces Alibaba (BABA) Partnership
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Jefferies reiterated a Buy rating and $9.00 price target on Advanced Micro Devices (NASDAQ: AMD) following the company's announced partnership with Alibaba (NYSE: BABA). This is the 3rd deal that AMD has announced this year with China-based companies. Jefferies believes that AMD is working on more China deals, and expects more announcements over the next 6-to-12 months.
Analyst Mark Lipacis commented, "Last week AMD announced a partnership with Alibaba to do research to deploy AMD GPUs in Alibaba's Cloud services offering. This is the third deal announced this year with China-based companies - we think more are in the works. Our own checks indicate AMD's Zen Server MPU is gaining traction with China hyperscale players. Reiterate Buy."
Shares of AMD closed at $6.75 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/08: (VYGR) (TLRD) (LULU) Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Entergy (ETR) to $72 Following Announced PPA Termination
- UBS Cuts Price Target on Restoration Hardware (RH) to $34 Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!