Jefferies Reiterates Buy as Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) Announces Alibaba (BABA) Partnership
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/18: (OCLR) (CSX) (NFLX) Higher; (AMDA) (RCII) (ZYNE) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Jefferies reiterated a Buy rating and $9.00 price target on Advanced Micro Devices (NASDAQ: AMD) following the company's announced partnership with Alibaba (NYSE: BABA). This is the 3rd deal that AMD has announced this year with China-based companies. Jefferies believes that AMD is working on more China deals, and expects more announcements over the next 6-to-12 months.
Analyst Mark Lipacis commented, "Last week AMD announced a partnership with Alibaba to do research to deploy AMD GPUs in Alibaba's Cloud services offering. This is the third deal announced this year with China-based companies - we think more are in the works. Our own checks indicate AMD's Zen Server MPU is gaining traction with China hyperscale players. Reiterate Buy."
Shares of AMD closed at $6.75 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Downgrades Alcobra Ltd. (ADHD) to Hold
- UBS Cuts Price Target on Qualcomm (QCOM) Following FTC Complaint
- Deutsche Bank Cuts Price Target on Neurocrine Biosciences (NBIX) Following Study
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!