Jefferies Raises price Target on Pier 1 Imports (PIR) Following 2Q Report
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Jefferies reiterated a Hold rating on Pier 1 Imports (NYSE: PIR), and raised the price target to $4.50 (from $4.25), following the company's 2Q earnings report. Merchandise margins were in line with guidance on a more balanced promotional posture and improved distribution center efficiency.
Analyst Daniel Binder commented, "Q2 results in line with pre-announcement. 2H guidance looks achievable in light of the +LSD comp thus far in Sept. and the easier y-y compare. Initiatives across loyalty, registry, marketing, financing and merchandising may also be providing tailwinds. Ultimately we still believe the company needs to improve its everyday value proposition in a more competitive market. But this will require cost out initiatives in sourcing and supply chain."
Shares of Pier 1 Imports closed at $4.27 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Reliance Steel (RS) Following 3Q EPS Miss and Guidance
- RBC Capital Raises Price Target on Danaher (DHR) Following 'Clean' 3Q Report
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Crown Holdings (CCK) Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!