Jefferies Raises price Target on Pier 1 Imports (PIR) Following 2Q Report
- Wall St. touches two-week high on deals, strong earnings
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/24: (BEAV) (JPEP) (HLT) Higher; (BAS) (INO) (ADRO) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Jefferies reiterated a Hold rating on Pier 1 Imports (NYSE: PIR), and raised the price target to $4.50 (from $4.25), following the company's 2Q earnings report. Merchandise margins were in line with guidance on a more balanced promotional posture and improved distribution center efficiency.
Analyst Daniel Binder commented, "Q2 results in line with pre-announcement. 2H guidance looks achievable in light of the +LSD comp thus far in Sept. and the easier y-y compare. Initiatives across loyalty, registry, marketing, financing and merchandising may also be providing tailwinds. Ultimately we still believe the company needs to improve its everyday value proposition in a more competitive market. But this will require cost out initiatives in sourcing and supply chain."
Shares of Pier 1 Imports closed at $4.27 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BMO Capital Raises Price Target on ManpowerGroup (MAN) Following 3Q Surprise
- UPDATE: Stifel Starts Tabula Rasa Healthcare (TRHC) at Buy
- UPDATE: Seaport Global Securities Starts Union Pacific (UNP) at Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!