Jefferies Raises Price Target on Zions Bancorp (ZION) After Meeting with Management
- Major stock indexes rise again to new records
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
- Insys Therapeutics (INSY) Sinks as Former Employees Arrested in Racketeering Scheme
- Lower for longer, ECB scales back asset buys
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Jefferies reiterated a Hold rating on Zions Bancorp (NASDAQ: ZION), and raised the price target to $41.00 (from $35.00), after meeting with management. ZION sounded confident in growing loans in the mid single-digits over the next year, with less run-off in energy and owner-occupied, and growth in non-energy C&I, some CRE, and resi. mortgage. Management also sees modest improvement in activity trends and is comfortable with its 8%+ reserve after already booking 6%+ of losses.
Analyst Ken Usdin commented, "Meetings with ZION's CFO highlighted confidence around NII and loan growth, with potential to beat consensus, in our view. Cost control remains a focus, fee initiatives are budding, and capital return should improve. Mgmt. is cautiously optimistic on energy credit, with few issues in the non-energy book. We raise '17 and '18 EPS ests. to $2.35 and $2.75, resp., on higher NII ests. PT to $41 reflects the group re-rating and ZION's clearer EPS trajectory."
Shares of Zions Bancorp closed at $36.97 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Timken (TKR) to Hold
- Instinet Upgrades Juniper Networks (JNPR) to Buy
- BMO Capital Reiterates Outperform on Costco Wholesale (COST) Following 1Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!