Jefferies Raises Price Target on Zions Bancorp (ZION) After Meeting with Management
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Jefferies reiterated a Hold rating on Zions Bancorp (NASDAQ: ZION), and raised the price target to $41.00 (from $35.00), after meeting with management. ZION sounded confident in growing loans in the mid single-digits over the next year, with less run-off in energy and owner-occupied, and growth in non-energy C&I, some CRE, and resi. mortgage. Management also sees modest improvement in activity trends and is comfortable with its 8%+ reserve after already booking 6%+ of losses.
Analyst Ken Usdin commented, "Meetings with ZION's CFO highlighted confidence around NII and loan growth, with potential to beat consensus, in our view. Cost control remains a focus, fee initiatives are budding, and capital return should improve. Mgmt. is cautiously optimistic on energy credit, with few issues in the non-energy book. We raise '17 and '18 EPS ests. to $2.35 and $2.75, resp., on higher NII ests. PT to $41 reflects the group re-rating and ZION's clearer EPS trajectory."
Shares of Zions Bancorp closed at $36.97 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Union Pacific (UNP) PT Raised to $102 at Stifel Following 4Q Report
- UPDATE: SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Downgrades Pennsylvania Real Estate Investment Trust (PEI) to Hold
- Zayo Group Holdings (ZAYO) PT Raised to $41 at BTIG; Reiterates Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!