Jefferies Raises Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $72 Following Mixed 2Q
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Jefferies reiterated a Hold rating on Workday (NYSE: WDAY), and raised the price target to $72.00 (from $68.00), following the company's 2Q earnings report. Non-GAAP EPS of ($0.04) was below consensus of ($0.02) due to a one-time write-off which impacted EPS by $0.07. Total revenues of $377.7M were better than consensus estimates of $372.7M.
Analyst John DiFucci commented, "By just about all accounts, Workday reported a strong Q, growing New Subscription ACV (Annual Contract Value) off a much more difficult comp than the prior period. It added some marquee names to its customer list, including IBM (previously announced) and Samsung, and metrics around financials were promising. Management said things would get better at the end of last year even with results that were questionable (in our opinion) – and it appears to have."
Shares of Workday closed at $79.65 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mizuho Securities Downgrades Community Health (CYH) to Underperform
- Rosenblatt Upgrades NETGEAR (NTGR) to Buy
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on VMware (VMW) to $91 Following Better Than Expected 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!