Jefferies Raises Price Target on Western Digital (WDC) to $75; Reiterates Buy
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Jefferies reiterated a Buy rating on Western Digital Corp. (NASDAQ: WDC), and raised the price target to $75.00 (from $70.00), following the company's 1Q earnings report. Revenue totaled $4.71B, exceeding the $4.5B guided on the Sep-7 pre-announcement (Street = $4.52B). Q1 EPS hit $1.18, also above the pre-announced $1.02 (Street = $1.04). WDC expects supply tightness in NAND to persist through CY17 driven by strong end demand and the industry transition to 3D. 2Q guidance calls for revenue of ~$4.7B (Street = $4.58B) and Q2 EPS of ~$1.55 (Street = $1.27).
Analyst James Kisner commented, "WDC reported FQ1 revenue and EPS results that were better than the positive pre-announcement driven mostly by higher volumes in both HDDs and NAND but also improved pricing (particularly in NAND). Q4 guidance was also well above Street. We expect the company to continue to benefit from strong HDD and NAND fundamentals in the near to medium term. As such, we're keeping our Buy Rating."
Shares of Western Digital Corp. closed at $56.52 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Western Digital (WDC) PT Raised to $100 at Brean Capital on Way to $120
- Western Digital (WDC) PT Raised to $80 at Jefferies
- Credit Suisse Downgrades NetApp (NTAP) to Underperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!