Jefferies Raises Price Target on VMware (VMW) to $91 Following Better Than Expected 3Q
- World stocks hold near 16-month highs after strong week
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Oil edges higher on optimism over non-OPEC output cuts
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Sibanye Gold (SBGL) to Acquire Stillwater Mining Company (SWC) in $2.2B Deal
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Jefferies reiterated a Buy rating on VMware (NYSE: VMW), and raised the price target to $91.00 (from $89.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. Non-GAAP EPS of $1.14 on total revenue of $1.778B and license of $691M exceeded consensus of $1.10, $1.763B, and $685M, respectively. Also, both total and license billings growth accelerated to 13% and 10% cc, respectively.
Analyst John DiFucci commented, "VMware exceeded 3Q expectations and raised guidance for 2016, while also indicating continued momentum into 2017. Reminiscent of years past, license billings grew double digits on a constant currency basis for the first time since 2014, as almost all businesses (even compute) grew, though End User Computing bookings declined low-single digits."
Shares of VMware closed at $73.31 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Casey's General Stores (CASY) Following 2Q Earnings Report
- FBR Capital Raises Price Target on Methode Electronics (MEI) Following Better Than Expected 2Q
- Stifel Raises Price Target on Clean Harbors (CLH) to $60; Reiterates Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!