Jefferies Raises Price Target on VMware (VMW) to $91 Following Better Than Expected 3Q
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Jefferies reiterated a Buy rating on VMware (NYSE: VMW), and raised the price target to $91.00 (from $89.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. Non-GAAP EPS of $1.14 on total revenue of $1.778B and license of $691M exceeded consensus of $1.10, $1.763B, and $685M, respectively. Also, both total and license billings growth accelerated to 13% and 10% cc, respectively.
Analyst John DiFucci commented, "VMware exceeded 3Q expectations and raised guidance for 2016, while also indicating continued momentum into 2017. Reminiscent of years past, license billings grew double digits on a constant currency basis for the first time since 2014, as almost all businesses (even compute) grew, though End User Computing bookings declined low-single digits."
Shares of VMware closed at $73.31 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Downgrades Marvell (MRVL) to Sell
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $71 Following 3Q
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Teleflex (TFX) Ahead of Vascular Solutions (VASC) Acquisition
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!