Jefferies Raises Price Target on VMware (VMW) to $91 Following Better Than Expected 3Q
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Jefferies reiterated a Buy rating on VMware (NYSE: VMW), and raised the price target to $91.00 (from $89.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. Non-GAAP EPS of $1.14 on total revenue of $1.778B and license of $691M exceeded consensus of $1.10, $1.763B, and $685M, respectively. Also, both total and license billings growth accelerated to 13% and 10% cc, respectively.
Analyst John DiFucci commented, "VMware exceeded 3Q expectations and raised guidance for 2016, while also indicating continued momentum into 2017. Reminiscent of years past, license billings grew double digits on a constant currency basis for the first time since 2014, as almost all businesses (even compute) grew, though End User Computing bookings declined low-single digits."
Shares of VMware closed at $73.31 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Kroger (KR) to $30 Following 3Q and Guidance
- Pivotal Research Downgrades Kroger (KR) to Hold
- FBR Capital Cuts Price Target on Express (EXPR) Following 3Q EPS Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!