Jefferies Raises Price Target on TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to $38; Reiterates Hold
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Jefferies reiterated a Hold rating on TD Ameritrade (NASDAQ: AMTD), and raised the price target to $38.00 (from $36.00), after spending time with management. Mr. Hockey highlighted what can be improved at AMTD and opportunities to accelerate growth. Most of this was focused on the retail segment, but was also echoed on the inst'l side.
Analyst Daniel Fannon commented, "Last week we were able to spend time with AMTD CEO Tim Hockey as well as other members of the senior mgmt. team. Not surprisingly, the focus of the discussion centered around growth and the opportunity to improve the overall growth profile through the combination of Scottrade. In the short term, the backdrop of higher volatility and rising interest rates represents a positive tailwind to earnings."
Shares of TD Ameritrade closed at $39.61 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) to $23 Following 3Q
- JPMorgan Raises Rating on CBOE Holdings (CBOE) to 'Overweight'; Analyst Thinks Bats Technology Will Drive Greater Trading Activity
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Eros Int'l (EROS) to $18 Following Multi-Year Deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!