Jefferies Raises Price Target on Sucampo Pharma (SCMP) Following 3Q Report
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Jefferies reiterated a Hold rating on Sucampo Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: SCMP), and raised the price target to $16.00 (from $14.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. SCMP reported 3Q EPS of $0.28, compared to Jefferies' $0.25 estimate. Revenues of $58M, +$7M ahead of estimates. Based on the Q3 performance and expectations of another $10M sales milestone from MYL, SCMP increased its FY16 revenue range by $20-25M and EPS by $0.18-0.23.
Analyst David Steinberg commented, "SCMP reported Q3 EPS of $0.28 (vs $0.25 JEF) on revs of $58M (+$7M vs JEF). The stronger topline was due to higher sales of Amitiza ($17M, +$3M vs JEF) in Japan by partner MYL. Of importance, SCMP has further removed risk to Amitiza by settling patent litigation with challenger RDY. We remain constructive on mgt’s ability to deliver value creating M&A – which remains critical to the LT outlook given the finite life of Amitiza and little in the pipeline."
Shares of Sucampo Pharmaceuticals closed at $15.10 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $71 Following 3Q
- Mizuho Securities Cuts Price Target on Express (EXPR) Following 3Q Miss
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Dollar General (DG) Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!