Jefferies Raises Price Target on Star Bulk Carriers (SBLK) Following 2Q EPS Beat
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Jefferies reiterated a Buy rating on Star Bulk Carriers (NASDAQ: SBLK), and raised the price target to $6.00 (from $5.00), following the company's 2Q earnings report. SBLK reported adjusted EPS loss of ($0.69), which was ahead of the Street's estimate of ($0.74).
Analyst Douglas Mavrinac commented, "Yesterday after the market close, Star Bulk reported an adjusted 2Q16 EPS loss of $0.69, which was better than both Street consensus of an EPS loss of $0.74 and our estimate of an EPS loss of $0.96 primarily due to better than expected charter rates and lower than expected vessel opex. Importantly, Star Bulk also announced a deft deferral and equity raise, which defers the Company's next amortization payment until 2H18."
Shares of Star Bulk Carriers closed at $4.39 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $71 Following 3Q
- Pivotal Research Downgrades Kroger (KR) to Hold
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Dollar General (DG) Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!