Jefferies Raises Price Target on Star Bulk Carriers (SBLK) Following 2Q EPS Beat
- Wall Street drops as investors brace for presidential debate
- Disney (DIS) Working with Adviser on Potential Twitter (TWTR) Bid - Bloomberg
- Rice Energy (RICE) Acquires Vantage Energy in $2.7B Deal; FY16 Outlook Updated
- Kite Pharma (KITE) Announces Positive Topline Data from KTE-C19 ZUMA-1 Study in Aggressive NHL
- After-Hours Stock Movers 09/26: (KITE) (SNX) (ARRY) Higher; (SXL) (NAT) (RICE) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Jefferies reiterated a Buy rating on Star Bulk Carriers (NASDAQ: SBLK), and raised the price target to $6.00 (from $5.00), following the company's 2Q earnings report. SBLK reported adjusted EPS loss of ($0.69), which was ahead of the Street's estimate of ($0.74).
Analyst Douglas Mavrinac commented, "Yesterday after the market close, Star Bulk reported an adjusted 2Q16 EPS loss of $0.69, which was better than both Street consensus of an EPS loss of $0.74 and our estimate of an EPS loss of $0.96 primarily due to better than expected charter rates and lower than expected vessel opex. Importantly, Star Bulk also announced a deft deferral and equity raise, which defers the Company's next amortization payment until 2H18."
Shares of Star Bulk Carriers closed at $4.39 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stifel Cuts Price Target on Oshkosh Corp. (OSK) Following Analyst Day
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Starts Host Hotels (HST) at Neutral
- Charter Communications' (CHTR) Price Target Raised to $350 at Pivotal Research
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!