Jefferies Raises Price Target on Star Bulk Carriers (SBLK) Following 2Q EPS Beat
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Jefferies reiterated a Buy rating on Star Bulk Carriers (NASDAQ: SBLK), and raised the price target to $6.00 (from $5.00), following the company's 2Q earnings report. SBLK reported adjusted EPS loss of ($0.69), which was ahead of the Street's estimate of ($0.74).
Analyst Douglas Mavrinac commented, "Yesterday after the market close, Star Bulk reported an adjusted 2Q16 EPS loss of $0.69, which was better than both Street consensus of an EPS loss of $0.74 and our estimate of an EPS loss of $0.96 primarily due to better than expected charter rates and lower than expected vessel opex. Importantly, Star Bulk also announced a deft deferral and equity raise, which defers the Company's next amortization payment until 2H18."
Shares of Star Bulk Carriers closed at $4.39 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Reliance Steel (RS) Following 3Q EPS Miss and Guidance
- RBC Capital Raises Price Target on Danaher (DHR) Following 'Clean' 3Q Report
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on American Airlines (AAL) Following 3Q EPS Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!