Jefferies Raises Price Target on Star Bulk Carriers (SBLK) Following 2Q EPS Beat
- Top 10 News for 9/19 - 9/23: Twitter on the Auction Block; Allergan Bolsters NASH Effort; Microsoft Returns Value
- Wall Street falls as energy lags; shares post gains on week
- Rumored Forever, Twitter (TWTR) May Have Finally Put the 'For Sale' Sign Up
- Facebook (FB) Shares Under Pressure on Reports Video Ad Metrics Were Artificially Inflated
- Brookfield Infrastructure (BIP)-Led Consortium to Take Controlling Stake in Petrobras' (PBR) NTS for $5.2B
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Jefferies reiterated a Buy rating on Star Bulk Carriers (NASDAQ: SBLK), and raised the price target to $6.00 (from $5.00), following the company's 2Q earnings report. SBLK reported adjusted EPS loss of ($0.69), which was ahead of the Street's estimate of ($0.74).
Analyst Douglas Mavrinac commented, "Yesterday after the market close, Star Bulk reported an adjusted 2Q16 EPS loss of $0.69, which was better than both Street consensus of an EPS loss of $0.74 and our estimate of an EPS loss of $0.96 primarily due to better than expected charter rates and lower than expected vessel opex. Importantly, Star Bulk also announced a deft deferral and equity raise, which defers the Company's next amortization payment until 2H18."
Shares of Star Bulk Carriers closed at $4.39 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Prudential Financial (PRU) Garners Spot on Goldman Sachs's Conviction Buy List
- BMO Capital Raises Price Target on Red Hat (RHT) Following 2Q
- Yahoo! (YHOO): Hack Not A Material Adverse Change - SunTrust's Peck
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!