Jefferies Raises Price Target on Star Bulk Carriers (SBLK) Following 2Q EPS Beat
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Jefferies reiterated a Buy rating on Star Bulk Carriers (NASDAQ: SBLK), and raised the price target to $6.00 (from $5.00), following the company's 2Q earnings report. SBLK reported adjusted EPS loss of ($0.69), which was ahead of the Street's estimate of ($0.74).
Analyst Douglas Mavrinac commented, "Yesterday after the market close, Star Bulk reported an adjusted 2Q16 EPS loss of $0.69, which was better than both Street consensus of an EPS loss of $0.74 and our estimate of an EPS loss of $0.96 primarily due to better than expected charter rates and lower than expected vessel opex. Importantly, Star Bulk also announced a deft deferral and equity raise, which defers the Company's next amortization payment until 2H18."
Shares of Star Bulk Carriers closed at $4.39 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) PT Raised to $105 at Oppenheimer Following 1Q Report
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) PT Raised to $92 at Needham & Company Following Solid 1Q Beat and Raise
- Checkpoint Software (CHKP) PT Raised to $94 at Stifel Following 4Q Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!