Jefferies Raises Price Target on Shoe Carnival (SCVL) to $29 Following Solid 2Q
- Wall Street dips as telecoms slump; AmEx surges
- Microsoft (MSFT) Tops Q1 EPS by 8c
- AMD (AMD) Posts Q3 Operating EPS of 3c; Sees Q4 Revenue Down Sequentially
- AT&T (T) Said to Discuss Idea of Takeover in Time Warner (TWX) Meetings
- After-Hours Stock Movers 10/20: (CERC) (ALKS) (PFPT) (MSFT) Higher; (SKX) (RRGB) (AMD) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Jefferies reiterated a Hold rating on Shoe Carnival (NASDAQ: SCVL), and raised the price target to $29.00 (from $24.00), following the company's 2Q earnings report. SCVL reported EPS of $0.22, below the Street of $0.27, driven by a lighter comp of 0.5% vs. the Street 1.8%.
Analyst Randal Konik commented, "2Q reflected mixed category performance, with a resurgence in sandals offset by a slowdown in adult athletic. Similar to what we have heard from others, mgmt cited a later start to BTS; while we are encouraged by the improvement in trend QTD, this creates an inherent lack of visibility. We continue to see oppty in 2H (esp. 4Q), but believe guidance and valuation already capture much of this improvement. Maintain Hold, PT to $29."
Shares of Shoe Carnival closed at $29.66 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Genuine Parts (GPC) to $95 Following 3Q Report
- Baird Remains Sidelined on Seagate Technology (STX) Following 1Q EPS Beat
- Wedbush Cuts Price Target on Genuine Parts (GPC) to $95 Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings, Randal Konik
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!