Jefferies Raises Price Target on Shoe Carnival (SCVL) to $29 Following Solid 2Q
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Jefferies reiterated a Hold rating on Shoe Carnival (NASDAQ: SCVL), and raised the price target to $29.00 (from $24.00), following the company's 2Q earnings report. SCVL reported EPS of $0.22, below the Street of $0.27, driven by a lighter comp of 0.5% vs. the Street 1.8%.
Analyst Randal Konik commented, "2Q reflected mixed category performance, with a resurgence in sandals offset by a slowdown in adult athletic. Similar to what we have heard from others, mgmt cited a later start to BTS; while we are encouraged by the improvement in trend QTD, this creates an inherent lack of visibility. We continue to see oppty in 2H (esp. 4Q), but believe guidance and valuation already capture much of this improvement. Maintain Hold, PT to $29."
Shares of Shoe Carnival closed at $29.66 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Planet Fitness (PLNT) Following Solid 3Q
- Rosenblatt Upgrades NETGEAR (NTGR) to Buy
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on W.R. Grace & Co. (GRA); Reiterates Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings, Randal Konik
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!