Jefferies Raises Price Target on Shoe Carnival (SCVL) to $29 Following Solid 2Q
- S&P, Nasdaq hit highs on gains in health, tech stocks
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Sibanye Gold (SBGL) to Acquire Stillwater Mining Company (SWC) in $2.2B Deal
- Exclusive: ECB rejects Monte Paschi's request for more time to raise cash - source
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Jefferies reiterated a Hold rating on Shoe Carnival (NASDAQ: SCVL), and raised the price target to $29.00 (from $24.00), following the company's 2Q earnings report. SCVL reported EPS of $0.22, below the Street of $0.27, driven by a lighter comp of 0.5% vs. the Street 1.8%.
Analyst Randal Konik commented, "2Q reflected mixed category performance, with a resurgence in sandals offset by a slowdown in adult athletic. Similar to what we have heard from others, mgmt cited a later start to BTS; while we are encouraged by the improvement in trend QTD, this creates an inherent lack of visibility. We continue to see oppty in 2H (esp. 4Q), but believe guidance and valuation already capture much of this improvement. Maintain Hold, PT to $29."
Shares of Shoe Carnival closed at $29.66 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) to $210 Following 4Q
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on NeuroDerm (NDRM) to $42
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Ciena (CIEN) to $30 Following 4Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings, Randal Konik
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!