Jefferies Raises Price Target on Philip Morris (PM) to $99 Following Investor Day
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Jefferies reiterated a Hold rating on Philip Morris (NYSE: PM), and raised the price target to $99.00 (from $96.00), following the company's investor day. The event highlighted improving industry volumes and sustained pricing power. It showed recent share gains driven by innovation. PM now expects FY16 EPS of USD 4.53 to 4.58 vs. USD 4.45 to 4.55. Improvement largely driven by FX.
Analyst Owen Bennett commented, "The two days enforced our view that we will see exponential growth within vapour in the years ahead. This will have important implications for sector and company valuations. Positioning within this space will become increasingly important with PMI leading the way at present."
Shares of Philip Morris closed at $96.10 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Credit Suisse Upgrades Juniper Networks (JNPR) to Outperform
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on NeuroDerm (NDRM) to $30 After Meeting with FDA
- Credit Suisse Downgrades NetApp (NTAP) to Underperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!