Jefferies Raises Price Target on NetApp (NTAP) to $38 Following 2Q and Guidance
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Jefferies reiterated a Hold rating on NetApp (NASDAQ: NTAP), and raised the price target to $38.00 (from $34.00), following the company's 2Q earnings report. NTAP reported revenue of $1.34B, a touch below Street's $1.35B. EPS totaled $0.60, beating the Street's $0.54 due to lower than expected opex. Management guided 3Q revenues of ~$1.4B, above the Consensus of $1.36B. 3Q EPS guidance calls for $0.72-$0.77, well above the Street's $0.65.
Analyst James Kisner commented, "NetApp reported a solid quarter with in-line revenue and an EPS beat driven largely by opex. Guidance for FQ3'17 was also above Consensus. However, there were some less encouraging signs in the quarter such as declining product revenue, tepid Strategic Solutions growth, and likely weak FQ3 product gross margins as implied by guidance. We continue to have some concerns about secular and competitive headwinds for NetApp in the legacy storage market."
Shares of NetApp closed at $34.73 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $71 Following 3Q
- Pivotal Research Downgrades Kroger (KR) to Hold
- Shopify (SHOP): CFO Meetings Indicate Strong Growth Ahead - Wedbush
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!