Jefferies Raises Price Target on NetApp (NTAP) to $38 Following 2Q and Guidance
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Jefferies reiterated a Hold rating on NetApp (NASDAQ: NTAP), and raised the price target to $38.00 (from $34.00), following the company's 2Q earnings report. NTAP reported revenue of $1.34B, a touch below Street's $1.35B. EPS totaled $0.60, beating the Street's $0.54 due to lower than expected opex. Management guided 3Q revenues of ~$1.4B, above the Consensus of $1.36B. 3Q EPS guidance calls for $0.72-$0.77, well above the Street's $0.65.
Analyst James Kisner commented, "NetApp reported a solid quarter with in-line revenue and an EPS beat driven largely by opex. Guidance for FQ3'17 was also above Consensus. However, there were some less encouraging signs in the quarter such as declining product revenue, tepid Strategic Solutions growth, and likely weak FQ3 product gross margins as implied by guidance. We continue to have some concerns about secular and competitive headwinds for NetApp in the legacy storage market."
Shares of NetApp closed at $34.73 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Barclays Upgrades Essex Property Trust (ESS) to Overweight
- Expect Facebook (FB) To Show Strong Q4 Report, Monitor For Guidance On Expenses - Goldman Sachs
- Barclays Downgrades Camden Property Trust (CPT) to Equalweight
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!