Jefferies Raises Price Target on Microchip Technology (MCHP) to $72 Following 2Q Beat
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Jefferies reiterated a Buy rating on Microchip Technology (NASDAQ: MCHP), and raised the price target to $72.00 (from $68.00), following the company's 2Q earnings report. On a combined basis, sales of $874m were 150bps above consensus $861m while EPS of $0.94 were 7c above. MCHP expects SepQ sales of $821-874m, $848m at the midpoint, in line with consensus. MCHP's EPS outlook of $0.85-0.95 was $0.07 above consensus at the midpoint.
Analyst Mark Lipacis commented, "MCHP's SepQ sales/EPS beat by 150bps/$0.07 with upside driven by better cost synergies from ATML. MCHP's DecQ sales outlook is inline with consensus while EPS outlook of $0.90 is 7c above. MCHP now expects $0.50 accretion from the ATML acquisition for F2017, versus $0.40 previously. We continue to like MCHP for its MCU focus, diversified markets, accretive M&A, and capital return, and think ATML cost + rev synergies will surprise investors on the upside."
Shares of Microchip Technology closed at $62.23 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wedbush Raises Price Target on Francesca's (FRAN) Following 3Q Report
- UPDATE: Seaport Global Securities Starts Beacon Roofing Supply (BECN) at Buy
- Guggenheim Cuts Price Target on Michaels Cos. (MIK) to $30; Reiterates Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!