Jefferies Raises Price Target on Microchip Technology (MCHP) to $72 Following 2Q Beat
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Jefferies reiterated a Buy rating on Microchip Technology (NASDAQ: MCHP), and raised the price target to $72.00 (from $68.00), following the company's 2Q earnings report. On a combined basis, sales of $874m were 150bps above consensus $861m while EPS of $0.94 were 7c above. MCHP expects SepQ sales of $821-874m, $848m at the midpoint, in line with consensus. MCHP's EPS outlook of $0.85-0.95 was $0.07 above consensus at the midpoint.
Analyst Mark Lipacis commented, "MCHP's SepQ sales/EPS beat by 150bps/$0.07 with upside driven by better cost synergies from ATML. MCHP's DecQ sales outlook is inline with consensus while EPS outlook of $0.90 is 7c above. MCHP now expects $0.50 accretion from the ATML acquisition for F2017, versus $0.40 previously. We continue to like MCHP for its MCU focus, diversified markets, accretive M&A, and capital return, and think ATML cost + rev synergies will surprise investors on the upside."
Shares of Microchip Technology closed at $62.23 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Timken (TKR) to Hold
- Mizuho Securities Upgrades Lululemon Athletica Inc. (LULU) to Buy; Sees Upside Continuing
- BMO Capital Cuts Price Target on Comtech Telecom (CMTL) to $16 Following 1Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!