Jefferies Raises Price Target on Medtronic (MDT) to $100 Following 1Q Report
- Top 10 News for 10/24 - 10/28: AT&T (T), Time Warner Make it Official; Margins Hamper Apple's Q4; Mergers Aplenty
- Wall St. falls as FBI to review more Clinton emails
- Clinton email problem resurfaces as FBI announces review
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Jefferies reiterated a Buy rating on Medtronic, Inc. (NYSE: MDT), and raised the price target to $100.00 (from $93.00), following the company's 1Q earnings report. EPS was reported $0.02 above estimates. FX was only $7mn v. the $25- $75mn guided to and the company missed consensus by about $12mn.
Analyst Raj Denhoy commented, "The one fewer week confounded results in 1Q but sales growth came in at +5.1% and EPS beat by $0.02. Op margins of 26.4% were higher than the 25.7% expectation as the company kept margins flat after adjusting for the extra week, despite absorbing 100bp from FX. Revenue and EPS guidance was maintained. However, with currency now expected to be a positive $300mn, we think that EPS guidance could prove conservative."
Shares of Medtronic, Inc. closed at $85.39 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS); Reiterates Outperform
- Alphabet (GOOGL) (GOOG) PT Raised to $925 at Needham & Company
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Upgrades Level 3 Communications (LVLT) to Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!