Jefferies Raises Price Target on Medtronic (MDT) to $100 Following 1Q Report
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Jefferies reiterated a Buy rating on Medtronic, Inc. (NYSE: MDT), and raised the price target to $100.00 (from $93.00), following the company's 1Q earnings report. EPS was reported $0.02 above estimates. FX was only $7mn v. the $25- $75mn guided to and the company missed consensus by about $12mn.
Analyst Raj Denhoy commented, "The one fewer week confounded results in 1Q but sales growth came in at +5.1% and EPS beat by $0.02. Op margins of 26.4% were higher than the 25.7% expectation as the company kept margins flat after adjusting for the extra week, despite absorbing 100bp from FX. Revenue and EPS guidance was maintained. However, with currency now expected to be a positive $300mn, we think that EPS guidance could prove conservative."
Shares of Medtronic, Inc. closed at $85.39 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $43 Following 2Q
- BMO Capital Cuts Price Target on Cooper Cos. (COO) Following 4Q Results
- Jefferies Adjusts Estimates on Ciena (CIEN) - PT to $29
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!