Jefferies Raises Price Target on Gap, Inc. (GPS) to $30; Reiterates Buy
- Health, energy stocks hit Wall St, Microsoft lifts Nasdaq
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Updates FY16 EPS Outlook
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Jefferies reiterated a Buy rating on Gap, Inc. (NYSE: GPS), and raised the price target to $30.00 (from $26.00), following the company's 2Q earnings report. Management guided FY'17 EPS to $1.87-$1.92 (versus the Street of $1.95). Despite the recent improvement in topline trends, management noted that the outlook embeds the traffic environment remaining choppy, which the company hopes to partially offset with increased marketing investment in 2H.
Analyst Randal Konik commented, "While GPS remains a work in progress, 2Q results point to trends moving in the right direction, including sequential comp improvement and merch margins inflecting up YoY, driving GM upside. Looking ahead, we expect the gradual improvement to continue, further supported by the implementation of cost reductions. We view the shares as attractive here and reiterate Buy."
Shares of Gap, Inc. closed at $25.88 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Reliance Steel (RS) Following 3Q EPS Miss and Guidance
- SunTrust Raises Price Target on E*TRADE Financial (ETFC) to $31 Following Solid 3Q
- KLA-Tencor (KLAC) PT Raised to $85 at Cowen
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings, Randal Konik
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!