Jefferies Raises Price Target on EOG Resources (EOG) Following Announced Merger
- Wall Street ends down as Trump focuses on trade
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- Qualcomm (QCOM) Thrashed as Apple (AAPL) Lawsuit Threatens Licensing Business Model
- McDonald's (MCD) Tops Q4 EPS by 3c
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Jefferies reiterated a Hold rating on EOG Resources (NYSE: EOG), and raised the price target to $88.00 (from $84.00), following the company's announced all-share ‘merger’ with legacy private Permian producer Yates Petroleum. With this merger, EOG will add 29.6 Mboe/d to overall production and 44 MMBoe of proved developed reserves. The deal is expected to close in early October.
Analyst Jonathan Wolff, "EOG announced an all-share ‘merger’ with legacy private Permian producer Yates Petroleum (a deal long sought after by the industry). The deal should greatly mitigate inventory concerns by nearly doubling EOG’s Delaware presence. We think EOG prevailed due to its superior development track record and its related ability to use shares as currency. We are increasing our price target to $88 from $84 previously, which leaves the stock still looking ‘full’."
Shares of EOG Resources closed at $94.83 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- General Electric (GE) PT Lowered to $35 at UBS Following 4Q Report
- RBC Capital Reiterates Outperform on General Electric (GE) Following 4Q
- Teradyne (TER) PT Raised to $28 at Deutsche Bank; Reiterates Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!