Jefferies Raises Price Target as Cheesecake Factory (CAKE) Posts 3Q Beat
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Jefferies reiterated a Hold rating on Cheesecake Factory (NASDAQ: CAKE), and raised the price target to $51.00 (from $49.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. 3Q SSS of +1.7% beat the consensus of +0.8%, benefiting from pricing of +2.6% and mix of +0.5%, offset by -1.4% traffic. EPS of $0.70 was better than consensus' $0.61 estimate.
Analyst Andy Barish commented, "3Q EPS of $0.70 was better than Jef/Cons. of $0.61 and guidance of $0.59- $0.62. Upside was driven by leverage on most expense lines (excl labor) as SSS of +1.7% accelerated. '16 EPS guide was raised to $2.81-$2.84 from $2.70-$2.76, while '16 SSS guide was increased back to +1-1.5%, implying 4Q sss of 1-2% and EPS $0.65-0.68. Our ‘16/'17 ests. go to $2.82/$3.00 from $2.72/$2.81. We raise our PT to $51 (from $49) and keep Hold rating."
Shares of Cheesecake Factory closed at $49.12 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $71 Following 3Q
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on PG&E Corp. (PCG) to $65 Following Rate Case Decision
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Eros Int'l (EROS) to $18 Following Multi-Year Deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!