Jefferies Raises Price Target as Apache Corp. (APA) Unveils Rich Gas Position in SW Delaware Basin
- Health, energy stocks hit Wall St, Microsoft lifts Nasdaq
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/21: (ALKS) (CXRX) (CERC) Higher; (SGY) (MBRX) (STS) Lower
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Jefferies maintained an Underperform rating on Apache Corp. (NYSE: APA), and raised the price target to $47.00 (from $42.00), after the company unveiled a large leasehold position along the SW border of Reeves county, TX prospective for wet gas. Jefferies thinks most of the acreage has been quietly assembled over the past 15-18 months.
Analyst Jonathan Wolff commented, "Incremental Positive. APA unveiled a large leasehold position along the SW border of Reeves county, TX prospective for wet gas. The intended development better defines APA's Delaware position. But first gas sales aren't expected until 2H17, and midstream solutions still need clarity. We are raising our RAAV based PT to $47 from $42 for development value, which leaves the shares still looking expensive."
Shares of Apache Corp. closed at $59.40 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on ICON plc (ICLR) to $87.50; Reiterates Hold
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Crown Holdings (CCK) Following 3Q
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Raised to $47 at Credit Suisse; Results Just 'Ok' But Visability Increases Conviction
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!