Jefferies Keeps Cisco (CSCO) at 'Buy' Following Q4 Results; Says Receivable DSO Number was Eyesore
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Jefferies affirms Cisco Systems (Nasdaq: CSCO) at Buy with a price target of $35 following Q4 results and outlook.
The firm commented,
Our impressions of Cisco’s EPS power and risk profile didn’t change following last night’s July quarter print. Looking forward, we’re inclined to assign incrementally better valuations to the business as: 1) we see a number of opportunities for the organization to demonstrate better growth – Security, Hyper-converged Storage, and the SMB space; 2) we see additional potential for Cisco to increase their capital return to shareholders including further increases in the dividend; and 3) some of the “asteroid from space” risks for Cisco are diminished, in our view (workload migration to the Public Cloud, White Box, Hardware Virtualization). We believe that Cisco – once again – is managing through these slow-moving technology transitions quite well.
Woah – that Receivable DSO Number! At face value, this was the worst part of the quarterly print, in our view. Receivables DSO came in at 42 days, up 12 days Q/Q. Cisco hasn’t printed a 42 day DSO figure in over a decade. The obvious concern here… a very backend weighted quarter. In talking with management following the call, we understand that much of the pop in the DSO calculation came from a significant increase in Services Billings at the end of the quarter. We believe this accounted for all of the abnormal increase in DSO for the July period. It’s important distinction for Cisco investors in our view – there’s isn’t an unusual backend-weighting going on here (beyond normal seasonality).
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) to $210 Following 4Q
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $37 Following 2Q Beat and Raise
- Edwards Lifesciences (EW): Slower? Yes But For Longer - Jefferies
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!