Jefferies Downgrades Teva Pharma (TEVA) to Hold; Too Many Headwinds
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Jefferies downgraded Teva Pharma (NYSE: TEVA) from Buy to Hold with a price target of $40.00 (from $69.00), saying there are too many headwinds.
Analyst David Steinberg commented, "Our view has changed. We now think there is little over the next year to hang one’s hat on. Just lowered US generics guidance for Q4 likely presages more weakness in 2017 and the likelihood for a 40mg Copaxone generic is increasing. When one adds poor recent BD (e.g. Rimsa), high debt, and few NT value creating pipeline events it’s tough to make a case for outperformance. The valuation is low – but it’s not enough to justify a Buy. We lower our rating to Hold."
The firm cut FY 2016 EPS from $5.25 to $5.15 and FY 2017 EPS from $6.15 to $5.75.
Shares of Teva Pharma closed at $37.60 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) to $23 Following 3Q
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on US Physical Therapy (USPH) to $63 Following 12-Clinic Acquisition
- FBR Capital Cuts Price Target on Express (EXPR) Following 3Q EPS Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!