Jefferies Downgrades Teva Pharma (TEVA) to Hold; Too Many Headwinds
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Jefferies downgraded Teva Pharma (NYSE: TEVA) from Buy to Hold with a price target of $40.00 (from $69.00), saying there are too many headwinds.
Analyst David Steinberg commented, "Our view has changed. We now think there is little over the next year to hang one’s hat on. Just lowered US generics guidance for Q4 likely presages more weakness in 2017 and the likelihood for a 40mg Copaxone generic is increasing. When one adds poor recent BD (e.g. Rimsa), high debt, and few NT value creating pipeline events it’s tough to make a case for outperformance. The valuation is low – but it’s not enough to justify a Buy. We lower our rating to Hold."
The firm cut FY 2016 EPS from $5.25 to $5.15 and FY 2017 EPS from $6.15 to $5.75.
Shares of Teva Pharma closed at $37.60 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Timken (TKR) to Hold
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Ollie's Bargain Outlet (OLLI) Following 3Q
- Jefferies Downgrades SL Green Realty (SLG) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!