Jefferies Downgrades Teva Pharma (TEVA) to Hold; Too Many Headwinds
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Jefferies downgraded Teva Pharma (NYSE: TEVA) from Buy to Hold with a price target of $40.00 (from $69.00), saying there are too many headwinds.
Analyst David Steinberg commented, "Our view has changed. We now think there is little over the next year to hang one’s hat on. Just lowered US generics guidance for Q4 likely presages more weakness in 2017 and the likelihood for a 40mg Copaxone generic is increasing. When one adds poor recent BD (e.g. Rimsa), high debt, and few NT value creating pipeline events it’s tough to make a case for outperformance. The valuation is low – but it’s not enough to justify a Buy. We lower our rating to Hold."
The firm cut FY 2016 EPS from $5.25 to $5.15 and FY 2017 EPS from $6.15 to $5.75.
Shares of Teva Pharma closed at $37.60 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Credit Suisse Downgrades NetApp (NTAP) to Underperform
- Needham & Company Raises Price Target on ChannelAdvisor (ECOM) After Meeting with Management
- BWS Financial Cuts Price Target on Sigma Designs (SIGM) to $5.00
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!