Jefferies Downgrades Teva Pharma (TEVA) to Hold; Too Many Headwinds
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Jefferies downgraded Teva Pharma (NYSE: TEVA) from Buy to Hold with a price target of $40.00 (from $69.00), saying there are too many headwinds.
Analyst David Steinberg commented, "Our view has changed. We now think there is little over the next year to hang one’s hat on. Just lowered US generics guidance for Q4 likely presages more weakness in 2017 and the likelihood for a 40mg Copaxone generic is increasing. When one adds poor recent BD (e.g. Rimsa), high debt, and few NT value creating pipeline events it’s tough to make a case for outperformance. The valuation is low – but it’s not enough to justify a Buy. We lower our rating to Hold."
The firm cut FY 2016 EPS from $5.25 to $5.15 and FY 2017 EPS from $6.15 to $5.75.
Shares of Teva Pharma closed at $37.60 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) to $210 Following 4Q
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Hartford Financial (HIG) to $55
- BMO Capital Cuts Price Target on Cooper Cos. (COO) Following 4Q Results
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!