Jefferies Downgrades Renasant Corp (RNST) to Hold
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Jefferies downgraded Renasant Corp (NASDAQ: RNST) from Buy to Hold with a price target of $41.00 (from $39.00) to reflect post-election stock/EPS dynamics.
Analyst Ken Usdin commented, "We move RNST to Hold (from Buy) after a good catch-up move that puts the company at a reasonable valuation. Pre-election, the stock had traded at a 1.5x discount to the smidcap group avg., but after a 24% post-election gain (vs. 18% for the KRE), the gap has narrowed to under 1x. Further upside could be inhibited by a bottom-quartile asset-sensitivity profile, which is largely driven by a relative small C&I book (only 12% of loans), the lowest in our coverage universe. Additionally, the onset of higher rates could pressure mortgage banking fees (39% of fees YTD), despite the business not being overly weighted towards refi originations (38% in 3Q). Our price target of $41 implies 15.5x our '18 EPS estimate or 90% of the current '17 S&P 500 P/E multiple. Upside risks to our downgrade: RNST proves more rate-sensitive than expected and conducts more highly accretive acquisitions."
Shares of Renasant Corp closed at $41.18 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Downgrades Marvell (MRVL) to Sell
- RBC Capital Downgrades Seritage Growth Properties (SRG) to Outperform
- Morgan Stanley Downgrades Arista Networks (ANET) to Equalweight
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Standard & Poor's
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!