Jefferies Downgrades Real Estate Sector to Equal Weight
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Jefferies downgrades Real Estate from Overweight to Equal Weight, saying they've seen core and value managers narrow their underweights ahead of GICS breakout and the group is very expensive.
Strategist Steven DeSanctis highlighted:
- We are closing in on the S&P GICS sector mapping breakout of Real Estate and core and value managers substantially narrowed their underweights to the group.
- We can find better value elsewhere, as valuations remain stretched for the group.
- Our Real Estate Investment Trust analysts, Tayo Okusanya and George Hoglund, recently downgraded the Storage and Apartments sectors.
Commenting on why they are not Underweight the sector, he highlighted:
- Dividend yield is still much better than the 10 year yield with the difference standing at 2.45% versus the long-term average of 1.40%.
- In a low return, higher volatility world, this group tends to hold up well.
- We have started to see a pick-up of M&A inside this group.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- AMD (AMD) Q3 'Solid' - Jefferies
- Philip Morris Intl (PM) PT Raised to $101 at Jefferies
- Maxim Integrated (MXIM) PT Bumped to $45 at Jefferies Following In-Line Results on Note 7 Impact
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Downgrades
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Standard & Poor's, Dividend
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!